Thursday, July 31, 2008

BLUE MARKER NIGHTMARE!

Today my cute friend Darlene came over with her little girl to go to lunch and look at houses with me. We went to lunch and trying to avoid a bored three year old I brought him a coloring book and some pens. (I thought I was being a extra prepared and fun mom) Everything was going great until Spencer took out the blue pen and started to shake it around, it exploded everywhere. Here is my face after I spent 10 minutes cleaning it up in the bathroom. It got everywhere, on the walls of the restaurant, table, food, clothes and faces. It was bad and embarrassing. Darlene was a trooper she just laughed at me which was really what was needed in this situation. So, I will be spending some time scrubbing tonight to get the marker off. After a day like we have had today bedtime can't come soon enough! I am doing my best to grasp the idea that not every day is as bad, that tantrums will stop, kids will be tired and mom will get to sleep. So only 3 more hours until bed time I think I can make it:)
P.S. Todd I hope that you are enjoying LONDON, because we have had better days with less tantrums and less mess. We love you and can't wait to see you next week! D- Thanks for being such a great friend, Love ya!


4 comments:

kel said...

oh my gosh! i hate days like that, sorry! sounds like you need a "girls trip"!!!!??

Shannon said...

Oh, to be a mom! I think every mom can relate. I hope the pen was washable (:Anyway, Spencer sounds like so much fun and a little comedian, I can't wait to see him again, well, both of them for that matter! Hope the rest of your time without Todd goes well and zooms by!

Shannon

The Carter's said...

I will never forget it!

KayDee said...

Well Anna your not giving us soon to be new moms, hope that our kids will be angels...... No really, I bet you are a great mom!!!