Monday, September 22, 2008

Quilt Therapy


I have a "YES" problem! The Relief Society President asked if I would make a blanket for the Humanitarian Center. Well ...since I have just learned to sew and never done a blanket on my own before you would think my answer would be no. Or itleast, sorry I don't know how, or I wish I could but I don't have a clue how to do the binding etc. But since I have a "YES" problem, I agreed to do the blanket. In a panic and a few days until the blanket was due..... I needed help. To the rescue was my sister-in-law Lala! We being novice's tied and finished the dreaded Humanitarian blanket. But the blanket ended up being great therapy. She schooled me in the power on the word "No" and we laughed for three hours straight on the glory of this blanket. So a BIG THANKS to Lala for helping me and for the much needed laugh. So hopefully some little old lady (who has no clue about sewing) is snuggled up in this blanket warm and happy!

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

You really needed me...

The picture doesn't seem that bad though. We'll have another lesson next time I come visit!!

Alissa said...

It looks great to me! All I can do is tie the quilt!

KayDee said...

Hey at least you did it! It would be a complete disaster if I even attempted it! BUt it looks GREAT!