Sunday, June 1, 2008

So.. I can SEW

This is the pink flower rag quilt in all it's glory!


So I am taking my crafting to the next level. My wonderful sister taught me how to sew last weekend, and I finished my first blanket. It is adorable and was so fun to make, if I do say so myself. There will be many more quilts, blankets, pillows, and apron projects to come. Thanks again liz, you know I need another project!! Ha Ha Ha! My senior year when I was going through a rough time I turned to crafts as an escape, and have never turned back. I used to tell my mom that my motto was "Craft and Values". We ( the royal we; my mom, sister and I) have continued to live to that motto, but hopefully my values keep up with the amount of crafts:)

8 comments:

Krista said...

Anna, I am so impressed! LOVE the rag quilt! We are here now and I will be calling you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud!!! It is excellent! I can't wait to show you my new machine quilting skills. I think we raised this crafting thing to a whole new level!! :)

Melinda said...

Sew nice! It is a very cute quilt!

Shannon said...

Nice- a new endeavor! I have to say, pretty good results from a first sewing project- so sweet! I'm going to need some lessons from you soon-

The Carter's said...

I love it. I just decided my first sewing project is going to be bedding, help me!

The Northwest Pugh's said...

Noozer, what a great blanket. You even made it in Todd's favorite color. I'm sure he'll love it.

Can't wait to see you guys in July.

Alissa said...

Wow I am so impressed. I think I will be calling you when I am pregnant for some help!

Linds said...

I looks like you've been having lots of fun lately, and your quilt is adorable!